Become Nick Ramos, one man against an army of the undead, in Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One, trapped in the city of Los Perdidos, California three days after the Zombie Outbreak. The completely open-world Zombie game features no load times and now features vehicles so you've got a new way to punish the Zombies that are trying to munch on you.
Like previous Dead Rising titles you'll have hundreds of items available to you to clobber and smash zombies with, and that's before you've found a workbench to combine these items to create some truly horrific ways to mutilate the undead.
- A darker story of survival in a massive open world. Dead Rising 3 takes the celebrated series in a new direction by introducing a cinematic storyline with darker humor and more personable characters fighting to survive in the new city of Los Perdidos.Featuring a massive and dynamic world bigger than the first two titles combined, Dead Rising 3 represents a new benchmark for open-world gameplay. Powered by Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 allows you to explore the vast city of Los Perdidos seamlessly with no load times, keeping you immersed in the action and stunning next-generation visuals. Overwhelming zombie hordes with intelligent AI and shared awareness will challenge you like never before, forcing you to employ all your cunning, combat skills and creativity to stay alive.
- The ultimate zombie sandbox. In Dead Rising 3, anything and everything is a weapon. You can create your own tools of zombie destruction with the virtually limitless variety of combo weapons — anytime, anywhere. A regular sledgehammer or table saw might not be enough to hold off the zombie horde, but fuse them together and you’ll do massive damage with the fearsome Sledge Saw — just one of hundreds of potential weapon combinations. You can even acquire temporary abilities by combining certain foods, like eating pork and booze simultaneously to spit fire! Dead Rising 3 also places new emphasis on vehicles not only as transportation but as an extension of combat and survival. You’ll be able to build and customize a huge variety of unique combo vehicles like the devastating RollerHawg, a hybrid between a motorcycle and a steamroller. But watch out — zombies cling to vehicles, affecting the steering physics, and attack you while driving!
- Easy to play, hard to master. Dead Rising 3 features a gameplay experience that’s both deep and immediately accessible to anyone who loves open-world action games. With the ability to explore the game at your own pace without time constraints, a new streamlined save system and other improvements, Dead Rising 3 is the most accessible and intuitive title in the series yet. At the same time, hardcore players will face tough-as-nails zombies in Nightmare Mode with classic “Dead Rising” rules, where time is the enemy and the countdown clock never stops running. The city of Los Perdidos offers near-limitless zombie encounters and missions in a multitude of settings, and as you progress, weapon combinations become more deadly.
- Unlimited co-op action. Dead Rising 3 lets you team up with a buddy for endless zombie-killing mayhem through online co-op over Xbox Live, with asynchronous matchmaking that allows you to jump in or out of the game at any time. Not only will you help your friend advance, you’ll also contribute to your own story progression and earn experience points that will carry back into your own game.
- Immersive Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration. Dead Rising 3 introduces pioneering Xbox SmartGlass features that will expand the dual-screen experience and reimagine couch co-op gaming on Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 and Xbox SmartGlass transform your compatible tablet or phone into a Zombie Defense and Control PDA. Swamped by the zombie horde from all sides? You or your buddy on the couch next to you can call in an airstrike to bail you out. Ready to start a new mission? Incoming in-game calls and text messages deliver “live” briefings through your Xbox SmartGlass-enabled phone or tablet. Xbox SmartGlass also allows you to keep track of your progress with a mission checklist and a map that helps locate hidden items and locations, and even features a news ticker of real-time updates on the zombie outbreak in Los Perdidos. In addition, with Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and will react to you calling out for a more immersive experience. Use motion controls to point and command your survivor posse and even yell insults to taunt your enemies.